Brașov County`s Agency for Sustainable Development (ADDJB) was established in April 2006, at the Brasov County Council`s initiative. Being an inter-community association, the agency is a legal entity of private law, with administrative-territorial units from Brașov County as members. Currently, the Agency has 54 members of which 35 are founding members.
The mission Vission, strategy, action for Brașov county`s sustainable development. Our mission is to support local and regional development by
applying the principles of sustainable development.
Purpose and objectives
The agency`s purpose is to facilitate the cooperation between administrative-territorial units and collaboration with other factors interested in county`s sustainable development, by respecting its principles:
- Social progress conditioned by the recognition and admitting each individual`s needs;
- Efficient environment protection;
- Rational use of natural resources;
- Maintaining a high, secure level of economical growth and employment rate.
The main objectives of the Agency are:
- Supporting the economical growth of Brașov county;
- Protection, promoting and development of the historical, arheological and cultural haritige;
- Protection and capitalizing the natural environment;
- Promoting and development of tourism in Brașov county;
- Local public administration`s institutional capability development
- Implementing, monitoring, assessment and adapting to social-economic changes of Sustainable Development Strategy of Brașov county, along with strategies of the associacion`s members
ADDJB supports member localities/villages/towns by carrying out the following activities:
- Informing regarding financing opportunities for local development projects
- Granting consultancy for elaborating financing applications regarding obtaining non-refundable funds
- Elaborating and updating local development strategies
- Supporting local initiatives for sustainable development